sábado, 22 de junho de 2013

The Price of Freedom





This is the story of a young man sentenced to prison and that only now in solitude in the midst of their lamentations, discovered the true value of freedom. Here are the verses that he wrote to his mother:

Stolen and lost freedom as punishment;
Hurt people moved by malice;
I have sinned and now I have no more happiness;
Tortured and now live on the margins;
Drugged me trying to seek superiority;
Just found sadness in the world of crime.

Not honored my parents with the antics that made;
I hurt my mother crying and suffering;
Today I live in a prison in the midst of solitude;
I miss back home, my parents and siblings;
Repentant heart feel like crying;
I wanted to be a kid again and just play.

I know I was wrong and therefore live imprisoned;
Here in this saddle cold feel tortured;
But mother do not be sad not;
I understand that because I am guilty for the situation;
Now relieved bring Jesus into your heart;
Only he heals my wounds and give me absolution;
Mother I take these lines to ask for forgiveness;
Mando these verses that do not rhyme, but they are at heart.

How many families do not suffer from the above situation is not the same and many others unfortunately passed through it. But violence is present throughout society and to solve the problem it is necessary that all involved. Only with everyone doing their part, it will be possible to decrease in cases like the young of the story.


Luís Fernando Bruno

2013

4 comentários:

  1. I think sometimes it takes losing your freedom to know what a blessing it is... it is sad though that it can take such drastic measures.

    ResponderExcluir
    Respostas
    1. We do not know what destiny prepares us, sometimes we make mistakes!!!

      Excluir
  2. We all do make mistakes, some worse than others, and sometimes the consequences are quite severe. With luck, we learn from our mistakes and don't make them again. We may have to cope with much sadness and loss of freedoms in the meantime, though.

    ResponderExcluir
    Respostas
    1. True Daisy... we all make mistakes and we have friends who have gone through difficult times like the story, is a sad learning.

      Excluir